Sunday, September 7, 2008

Precinct 3 Bastrop Commissioner Race

The Democratic Candidate, incumbent John Klaus, has a proven record of service to his voters. I have lived in Precinct 3 for four years and John has been accessible and fair. His opponent, Don Loucks was commissioner in the past and his legacy is still with us, not in a good way. I live out in the Sand Hills and when I moved here, Sand Hills Road was a mess. There were patches on the patches for two sections and then one section was smooth. I asked around and was told that the smooth section was in front of a prominent political backer of Mr. Loucks. There was also discussion about the arbitrary change in name of Red Rock Ranch Road. Apparently, the road had been an extension of Sand Hills Road and was changed by the county with no consultation with the residents.

I for one do not want Mr. Loucks to regain control of my roads. I urge you to join me and vote for John Klaus for Bastrop County Commissioner of Precinct 3.

Linda Laughinghouse

No comments: